Saturday, February 14, 2026

Go Cougs!

She got in! What a stressful hour. Ironically Brooklyn was at a Cougarette dance clinic when the emails went out with who made it into BYU and who didn't Brooklyn sent me a text asking me to figure out where to find the email. I happened to be in Denver with the other 3 for a dance convention and we were walking around a shopping center. So I completely stressed out trying to find Brooklyn's password, the right place on BYU's website, the right account, and finally the button that held the long awaited decision. My hand was shaking trying to do it all and finally it popped up. Welcome to BYU! I started jumping up and down in the candy store and I'm pretty sure the other moms thought I was crazy. I grabbed one of them and started hugging them bc I had to hug someone!!! The worst part was that Brooklyn had no idea! She was still dancing and could only check her phone occasionally. I called Brynlee who wasn't far from me and made her walk out of the restaurant she was in. As soon as she saw me she knew. She started running to me and we hugged and cried. We were SO excited for Brooklyn. Her dream was to try out for Cougarettes but you can't do that if you don't get in...so this was step 1. I screen shotted the announcement and sent it to Brooklyn so she could see it whenever she could look at her phone. She called me when she could and we freaked out about it. That moment is definitely one that I will never forget. Congrats Brooklyn!!!! Can't wait for you to experience life as a Cougar! 


 

0 comments: